The IEC 60287-1-1 and IEC 60287-2-1 standards are not always easy to comprehend. Certainly if you are not used to the underlying principles. The course will guide you through the documents. And will highlight the background of some of the equations and principles.
Long lengths of cables will lead to certain peculiarities. It will be explained what these are and where they originate from.
The course will highlight the following topics:
- Basic cable designs
- Different types of bonding
- Backgound of some equations
- Structure of IEC 60287-1-1 and IEC 60287-2-1
- Losses and thermal resistances
- Long cable: Lumped capacitor, PI-model and telegraph equations
- Short cicuit current - IEC 60949